Most of us take our locks for granted, like good health and youth — that is, before they’re gone. A hair transplant will help bring back what looks like a complete — or at least a fuller — head of hair for many people. If you are particularly bothered by thinning up or going bald, the treatment may be one way to feel more secure about your appearance. But talk to your doctor first about what you should expect before and after the procedure.
In this the various factors that influence the cost of hair transplant & the cost of hair transplant in Mumbai, India are being discussed.
Hair Transplants Financial Costs
As with every medical procedure, several distinct factors depend on the cost of hair transplants. They include:
- Where you live: What a surgeon charges can be affected by the relative cost of living in the area and the number of nearby surgeons providing the treatment.
- The kind of operation you choose: There are two different kinds of hair transplants: transplantation of the follicular unit (FUT) and extraction of the follicular unit (FUE). Every single one has a different cost.
- Your surgeon’s ability: This is a common correlation: they can charge more if your surgeon is considered to be one of the best. Higher rates don’t necessarily indicate superior ability at the same time, so do your research carefully.
- The sum of hair you want to transplant: It would cost far less to want a couple of patches added than to want to expand hair around the whole scalp.
- Travel expenses: This is not something that would be paid by your doctor, but it’s also a cost that you should remember. You have to fly to find the right doctors often, and when determining whether you can afford the treatment, you should consider these expenses.
Having said that, you’ll probably spend thousands. Online estimates place the cost at anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, and while those figures obviously differ very widely, one thing is certain: it’s not cheap. Few websites for surgeons detail their costs up front, but that’s a general number for the ballpark.
Since hair transplant surgery is commonly considered cosmetic, the insurance policy is unlikely to help pay for it. However, if the loss of hair is due to an illness or accident, coverage might be possible. The best thing to do if you’re looking at hair transplant surgery is to contact your insurance provider to see about your coverage choices.
Hair transplant Cost in Mumbai
The cost of hair transplant procedures is not argued: they are actually more costly, making many of us think it is affordable for celebrities alone. The U.S. and Europe are more costly than the rest of the globe. The most common Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique, for instance, would cost $7-9 per graft and $3-7 per graft in the U.S. and Europe for Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT or strip method). On average, in these nations, a standard hair transplant session will cost between $6,000 and $15,000.
Mumbai is one of India’s most populated cities and a very popular hair transplantation surgery destination. It is also India’s richest town and has the highest GDP of any town in southwest or central Asia. It can also be one of the least costly ways to get hair transplant surgery, with some providers providing hair transplants for as low as RS 40,000 ($600).
If you are considering coming to Mumbai to obtain a hair transplant surgery consultation, you should note how much cheaper this form of cosmetic surgery can be in Mumbai, India, compared to other parts of the globe.
You will save an average of 70-75 percent on the cost of your operation simply by having it performed in India, with the average cost of hair transplant surgery in India beginning at an average of 60,000RS (878.99 USD) across India and increasing to an amazing minimum cost of $1550 in the United States. Throughout Agra, Hyderabad, Pune, Jaipur and more, a whole host of trained surgeons operate. Every year, a growing number of medical tourists make their way to India for these kinds of procedures. Not only is hair transplant surgery more common, but FUT and advanced hair transplant surgery are also growing with the cost savings that can be achieved in India!
What better place to go for a hair transplant than somewhere like Mumbai (also known as Bombay). This is not only a major city well-known for its riches and famous residents, but it is also a well-respected and financially well-off land.